This call is for SOLO CELLO and SOLO CELLO WITH PIANO.
This is an open ended collaborative call for scores with no deadline. Brian is looking for other composers who are performers as well. Basically this is like a composition exchange programme. Brian plays your piece, and you play a piece of his. This is why it is important to indicate in your submission the instrument(s) that you play, and your proficiency level.
Here’s and example of how it works:
1. Argentinian composer Aitana Kasulin wrote a set of pieces for solo cello titled Do, Saudades,
2. Brian recorded this piece, sent the recordings to Aitana, and posted the recordings on youtube.
3. Brian wrote a piece for flute and piano titled Monday’s Impression of Ordinary Objects.
4. Aitana Kasulin and Sylvina Wainszelbaum recorded Brian’s piece and sent him the recording.
Should the opportunity for a live performance of the piece become possible, then this would also be considered.
● NO application fee
● Open to composers of all ages, nationalities, career stages, and backgrounds
● Composers should submit a single work that best represents their practice
● Submitted work may be of any length
● Pieces written in the last 15 years are preferred
● Published or unpublished works may be submitted
● Previously performed works are permitted
● Electroacoustic works, including pieces with video, are permitted
● Submitted work must be an original composition (no arrangements will be accepted)
● Co-created works may be submitted
SUBMISSIONS MUST INCLUDE
● Composer's name
● Composer's email
● Composer's instrument(s)
● Proficiency level
● Title of Piece
Send scores to: